This type of work visa (S Pass) is designed specifically for mid-level skilled workers employed by organizations or businesses running in Singapore. An application is evaluated based on a point system with consideration for each of the following factors: education qualifications, skills, salary, job type and work experience.
Dependency Ratio Ceiling (DRC) is the main criterion that determines the actual number of S Pass holders a company can employ.
Who Qualifies for S Pass ?
- Have a fixed monthly salary of S$2,300 or above: Older and more experienced applicants are also expected to qualify under higher salaries, commensurate with their skills and work experience.
- Possess a diploma, or technical/specialist qualifications: Candidates from the People’s Republic of China are expected to authenticate their qualifications from independent verification channels such as the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center, China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Information and Dataflow.
- Relevant work experience and skills.
The S Pass has a validity of up to 2 years and is renewable as long as the pass holder remains employed in the company, subject to the prevailing conditions imposed by the authority at the time of renewal.
Besides meeting the eligibility criteria, applicants need to take note of the following:
- Holder’s passport must be valid for at least 7 months.
- Employer must have sufficient S Pass quota for your sector.
Existing S Passes that are expiring from 1 Jan 2019 to 30 Jun 2019 can be renewed for up to one year, based on the pre-2019 salary requirement. however, S pass expiring from 1 Jul 2019 onwards will only be renewed if they are able to meet the new minimum qualifying $2,300 salary, which is expected to increase with length of experience.
A decision on all applications are subject to the discretion of MOM.