What is a Work Permit
The Work Permit (WP) is provided to semi-skilled employees who intend to work in Singapore’s sought-after sectors such as construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector.
Work Permit Application Services:
- Pre-application details and advising on Singapore Work Permit
- Filing of Work Permit application
- Tracking Work Permit application status while under processing
- Liaising with Direct MOM officer in charge, if required
- Responding to MOM’s requests for additional information, if any
- Arranging for the issuance of Work Permit upon in-principle approval (IPA)
- Filing of unlimited appeal in case of rejection of Work Permit application
Validity of Work Permit:
The duration of a Work Permit is two years, subject to the validity of the worker’s passport, the Banker’s/Insurance Guarantee, and the employee’s employment period, whichever is shorter. The worker is only permitted to work for an employer and in the specified profession.